Posted by: Curious | 2005/12/07

pap smear

Can a normal GP do a pap smear or do you have to go to a gynae to have it done?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

A GP can do it.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Gillian | 2005/12/07

I prefer to have it done by a gynae, especially since I have had cervical cancer, which was when I was 30 years old.

Reply to Gillian
Posted by: ado | 2005/12/07

A GP is fine to do it. It just dependson what you are comfortable with. A GP is much cheaper!!!

Reply to ado
Posted by: Michelle | 2005/12/07

a normal GP can do a pap smear, but i just feel more comfortable going to a gynae than to a GP because (and i know this is gonna sound silly but) a Gynae looks at "fannies" all day everyday and therefore is "better" at doing things like paps.....

Reply to Michelle

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.