Question
Posted by: Curious | 2005/12/07

pap smear

Can a normal GP do a pap smear or do you have to go to a gynae to have it done?

A GP can do it.

3
Posted by: Gillian | 2005/12/07

I prefer to have it done by a gynae, especially since I have had cervical cancer, which was when I was 30 years old.

Reply to Gillian
Posted by: ado | 2005/12/07

A GP is fine to do it. It just dependson what you are comfortable with. A GP is much cheaper!!!

Reply to ado
Posted by: Michelle | 2005/12/07

a normal GP can do a pap smear, but i just feel more comfortable going to a gynae than to a GP because (and i know this is gonna sound silly but) a Gynae looks at "fannies" all day everyday and therefore is "better" at doing things like paps.....

Reply to Michelle