Question
Posted by: Curious | 2005/11/21

Pap Smear

I have no uterus, no cervix, ovaries are shrivelled up, so what are the reasons for still having a pap smear every year? I am in my mid fifties, on HRT, but feel that as all the 'parts' are now gone, am I not wasting my time and money having this test every year?

The only reason to have pap smears would be if you had the uterus removed because of cancer. The smear is then taken from the top of the vagina where the cervix used to be.

Best wsihes

1
Posted by: Really Stupid | 2005/11/22

Please excuse my ignorance, but if you dont have those bits where do they take the smear from then? Im also interested in learning the answer to your question.

Reply to Really Stupid