Question
Posted by: charlie | 2005/07/06

Pap smear

I'm going to gynea next week and doing the whole pap smear thing, I'm extremely nervous and just want to know what the procedure is. Is there pain involved??? And will I still ovulate this month after going for the smear? I'm stressing already, but I feel I need to do this, cause we've been ttc for 9 months now, and I felt maybe we should go for thorough medical check-ups, just to see if everything is okay. Please help me.

The pap smear will not affect ovulation. It is a bit uncomfortable but should not be painful.

1
Posted by: J.J2 | 2005/07/06

I am so sorry that your test came back negative! are they very sure? A friend of mine did 3 preg tests and 1 blood test and they were all negative then the 2nd blood test was positive... so make sure!
I went for a pap smear before we started trying, it is not sore just a bit embarassing. As far as I know you should still ovulate 'cause it's got nothing to do with your ovaries...
I'll be thinking about you :)

Reply to J.J2