Question
Posted by: Shy | 2005/01/13

Pap Smear

I am terrified (really) to go for a pap smear, i have heard that there is a home test that you can do and i think you actually take your results in for an examination. is this true and if so where and how do i do it? im not worried about anything, im perfectley normal and healthy but im just scared of silent diseases or problems that will knock me off my feet one day.

The home test has not been proven to be accurate. You would be bettr off going to a doctor whom you trust and having a pap smear the normal way.

3
Posted by: xx | 2005/01/13

just go to a gynae, its really worth it. i promise a pap smear is not bad and once youve had it you will wonder what you were so scared about.

just do it

Reply to xx
Posted by: lerita | 2005/01/13

Dear Shy

I decided last year to do the home test route. Got the test and instructions from my pharmacist. Try to do the test. it is not that easy and gave the results to the pharmacy clinic nurse. This was send to Dubuissons lab. At the end It nearly cost as much as dr examination (without a scan) and I am not even sure if I did the right procedure.

This year I went to a woman gynae and it was much better. Rember they are professionals and they look for more than just cancerous grows, they also check your breasts etc.

If you read information up on papsmears it sounds strange but it is really not that bad and it is very important

Reply to lerita
Posted by: sunflower | 2005/01/13

Hello

I too was nervous the first time. (I have never heard of a home test).

From my experience: I went to a female doctor I felt comfortable with, and it went very well, and all done in less than 5 minutes.
Just try not to be nervous (though you will certainly be), it is not painful, not even cols as some friends scared me with.

After it is done, you will have the satisfaction that it is done, and a day or two later your doctor will call you, to give the results.

I have never had problems.

Good Luck, and Everything will be fine.. just go every year, or it could be too late.

Reply to sunflower