Posted by: Babe | 2004/01/29

Pap smear

I am 23 and have never done a pap smear and i hear that a woman should atlist do it once in a year or two. I have itches in my viganal area witch also cause little sores in there. If i go for pap smear will i be cured of these things in my vagina or do i really have to go to the clinic and get antibiotics?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

A pap smear is done to screen for cancer of the cervix. What you describe sounds like an infection. You should go to the clinic to find out what the problem is and a pap smear can be done at the same time.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/29


You should go for a check-up once a year, if you are sexually active.
I think you have an infection, doc will prescribe something.

Reply to Norma

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.