Question
Posted by: liz | 2004/01/07

Pap smear

Hallo daar.

Ek wil net weet ek het besluit om die loop in te sit. Die gynae sal seeker 'n pap smear ook doen sal dit dan seer wees as hy die loop in sit want hy doen dit mos die sefde tyd as hy die pap smear doen of verstaan ek dan verkeerd.

Kan hy die loop en die pap smear op die selfde dag doen.

dankie

The pap smear and IUCD insertion can be done at the same time. Having a pap smear should not make insertion of the IUCD any more painful. The insertion is slightly uncomfortable and you may have some cramps for a day or two after.

1
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/08

Hi Liz

I don't see any reason why the gynae cant do both at the same time. If it has been more than a year since your last pap smear the he will most likely do one but it is not a invasive procedure he just takes a swab from the wall of the vagina. The loop itself does cause a bit of pain in some women and my gynae suggested that I take some panado before I come in for the procedure and that should be sufficient. Have you heard about the marina? "also the loop but a new one on the market". I cant type the website properly because the forum wont let me but talke out the spaces and go to this web site for info on the merina

w w w . f e m a l e l i f e . c o . z a

Reply to Belle