Question
Posted by: Jacqui | 2003/12/10

pap smear

My 22 year old daughter's pap smear showed 'pre cancerous' cells which need attention from a gynae. What are these and what are the risks?

There are two grades of precancerous cells - low grade and high grade. The next step would be to do further tests, usually a colposcopy and biopsy. The cells will then probably be removed by laser or a similar procedure.

1
Posted by: www | 2003/12/11

If pre-cancerous cells were found, the chances are they will remove it f rom the cervix. It's a good thing your daughter went on time because these could become cancerous cells with the obvious risks.

How exactly it's treated I'm not sure and the doc will be able to tell you.

Reply to www