Question
Posted by: Jade | 2007/03/05

panic attacks - can you die from them?

My friend told me that she suffers from really bad panic attacks at times. But when we were chatting about it the other day, she told me that she can die from them! She should be on medication to keep her free of anxiety,but she doesnt take them because she says they make her feel like a zombie. I was just wondering: what medical conditions or underlying causes could result in panic attacks leading to death? Is this possible?

Jade

Dear Jade
I have never heard of a patient dying from them but they sure feel like they are dying - cant' breathe and can get chest pain etc - it is a very unpleasant feeling. What has she been taking, maybe there is an alternative?

2
Posted by: In the past | 2007/03/06

Had them big and plenty -
2 ways as explained by a great (once-off)doc:
1. Medical and 2. Religious.

I took 2. (Psychologists dont recognise the existence of your soul?) Opened the communication channel and voila. Plenty prayers and lots of trust. Let Him carry your yoke.
It WILL pass. Peace is the opposite of anxiety and a "Fruit" of the Holy Spirit.
I thank Him for letting it pass - it was Hell!
Good luck and God bless to all those suffering!

Reply to In the past
Posted by: Karen | 2007/03/05

Nonsence you cant die from a panic attack, yes you may feel like you are dying it is not a very nice experience, but you cant die from it ! She should take some natural tabs like biral etc theydo help al ot I know, and of course positive thinking and breathing when you feel an attack coming, good long deep breaths slowly in and out.

Reply to Karen