Question
Posted by: stress | 2004/10/30

panic attacks

hi i suffer sometimes with panic attacks when i sit in a big meeting and i feel stressed and start feeling ill, what can i do will rescue drops work, thanks

s, some people say that they feel a bit better for using "rescue drops", but that product contains no ingredient with any proof at all that it could help anybody with anything. What you seem to be describing sounds like an anxiety Disorder, with panic and social anxiety elements, and this responds really very well to ordinary treatment from a psychiatrist. So your best bet would be to see a psychiatrist for a proper assessment and then discuss treatment options, which could include medication and/or psychological treatment of the CBT variety.

2
Posted by: Robyn | 2004/10/31

I too suffered from these attacks for years, to the point where I was blacking out and later developed all kinds of stress-related illnesses of the colon and thyroid function. The rescue remedy does help take the edge off but you DO have to get to the root of the problem. The pills and remedies are just short-term pick-me-ups and I agree with the doc that you should get professional help. I went for several sessions with a psychologist and and now well on the way to recovery I am pleased to say. I know a lot of people have a problem with going to "shrinks" as there seems to be this opinion that you have to be "nuts" to get this kind of help, but believe me, the "nuts" are the ones who DON'T get help. There may be things in your sub-conscious mind that are causing your anxiety and a good "shrink" has the ability to bring all these things to the fore. You will be amazed.
Good luck and GO to the doc!

Reply to Robyn
Posted by: Margie | 2004/10/30

I am suffering from acute panic attacks as well and can tell you now, with ease, that pills do not help - not even herbal ones. I have been using "Nerve Tonic" as well as poignant antidepressants and have now decided to go "cold turkey". It is a matter of breathing and taking control over these attacks - I wish you well!

Reply to Margie