Posted by: Col | 2008/07/14

Panic Attack disorder

Dear Cyberdoc, I have read your article related to the above and have suffered from panic attacks for many years. Whilst I uunderstand that they are not threatening or dangerous, one issue that no one seems to address for panic attack victims is the onslaught of a panic attack whilst driving a car This is the most fearful experience further complicated by feelings of claustrophobia. Please can you give some advice with regard to this particular experience as the feeling is really alarming and overwhelming to say the least. Thank you. Colette

Hmm, I don't think I have recently written any article on this topic, so I'm not sure which one you may be referring to. Panic attacks may not in fact usually be life-threatening or dangerous, but they usually feel as though they are, and would indeed be highly distracting if they occurred while one was driving a car. That's why it is wise to see a shrink and start effective treatment asap, as medication and CBT counselling can help you gain control of it fairly rapidly.

Posted by: kidd | 2009/02/20

Hi, i have been trying to treat panic attack for about ten. I have been from one docter to another but there is still no improvement. please help me, this thing is killing me

Reply to kidd