Question
Posted by: Tums | 2007/12/05

PANCREAS WOES

I am an alcoholic who stopped drinking 7 months ago. I have since developed a damaged pancreas and have to take Creon 10000 before each meal. I have periodic stomach ache and after eating anything, within 15 minutes I have to rush to the loo where everything just explodes out of me in one movement. I usually mess the back of the toilet pan, the lid at times etc. I am on Serlife 100 and Trepiline at night. I am extremely stressed at the moment, both at work and home and I am not coping well at this stage. Any advice?

Dear Tums
Does your doctor know about this bouts of explosive diarrhoea? You may need to see a dietician to fine tune your diet and they may need to have a look at your Creon dosage - as Creon can cause diarrhoea. Have you been seeing a gastro-enterologist?
You can also try the following diet wise:
Eat smaller meals more often
avoid sugary foods
avoid fluid with your meals
follow a low fat, fibre rich diet

If you are feeling very stressed you may need anti-anxiety medication too, otherwise the temptation to start drinking gets too much - talk to your doctor about adding this to your current medication.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/24

21years ago,working in polyurethan factory5,5year.the poison
gases,be made this seeknes.wich help can I have?destroyed
kidney,lung,liver,eyes,thees change,glukosuri,no med,ordr.