Question
Posted by: Mom | 2004/01/27

Paleness in 7 month old baby

Hello Doc

My 7 month old daughter seems to be very pale, even her colour of her lips seems the same coulour as her skin, which is very pale. She is a happy baby, drink well and sleep well, but she is extremely pale. This is my second child, and my first were not as pale. It is not a sudden thing, I have noticed this since 4 months of age.

Should I be concerned, does she have some sort of defieciency I need to worry about. I do not want to take her to the doctor if I am just an overly concerned mother.

Please help

Mom, when it comes to babies, you can never be too concerned. The paleness may be due to something like anaemia and the best would be to let the paediatrician take a look. Good luck.