Posted by: laduma | 2008/09/27

pains relating to arthritis

My mum' s are painful in the joinds. I think the pain is related with arthritis. Is there anything that can help or should I take her to the doctor? It a doctor, which one?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Laduma

Arthritis is a very common, painful condition. The best place to start would be with your GP. A doctor would be able to check the severity or type of arthritis your mom is suffering from and recommened an appropriate treatment or even refer you to a rheumatologist if necessary. Anti-inflammatories, either as a topical ointment or oral medication can make a big difference. There are also a lot of products available today such as which help to repair cartilage, ask a pharmacist, they should be able to help.