Posted by: laduma | 2008/09/27

pains relating to arthritis

My mum' s are painful in the joinds. I think the pain is related with arthritis. Is there anything that can help or should I take her to the doctor? It a doctor, which one?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Laduma

Arthritis is a very common, painful condition. The best place to start would be with your GP. A doctor would be able to check the severity or type of arthritis your mom is suffering from and recommened an appropriate treatment or even refer you to a rheumatologist if necessary. Anti-inflammatories, either as a topical ointment or oral medication can make a big difference. There are also a lot of products available today such as which help to repair cartilage, ask a pharmacist, they should be able to help.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.