Question
Posted by: aa | 2008/01/16

pains n preg plz help

hi there im currently 24wks preg,for the past two days ive been getting terrible sharp pains on my lower part of my tummy but it gets alot worse during urinating just befoe the bladders empty?should i be worried?my next gynae app is in feb.could this be an infection or constipation?

Dear aa
Just go to your GP - this sounds like an urinary tract infection and needs to be treated quickly to prevent spreading to the kidneys as in pregnancy this happens easier and can be harmful to the baby. You probably need antibiotics.