Question
Posted by: JJ | 2005/11/25

Pains in lower abdomen 2 weeks after D&C

I had a missed miscarriage approximately 3 weeks ago, followed by a D&C. I however started developing pains on my right hand side (feels like my ovaries) which stretches to my back. Sometimes when I stand up quickly it feels like something gets torn inside of me or it feels like someone sticking a knife into me. Also when I laugh spontaneously it occurs sometimes. Is there any reason for concern or is this still after effects of the miscarriage?

It is possible that you have some infection after the D&C. See your doctor to check.

1
Posted by: andy | 2005/11/25

Hi JJ
Sorry about your loss. I miscarried and had a D&C last year May. I also had these pains afterwards and it was only in September when a GP discovered that there was still tissue of the pregnancy left which caused the pain. Before this was discovered the other doctors which I have seen said it is my womb returning to normal and I should give it a month to heal.
It would be best for you to go for a check-up asap.

Reply to andy