Question
Posted by: Cha's | 2005/07/11

Pains & cramps

I had a mc in the begining of May and went for a d&c (that was after we have been trying for 1& half years and went through 9 months of clomid treatment and eventually falling pregnant on Staminogrow) and the gynie told us not to stop practising and we found out that we're 4 weeks pregnant. The gynie prescribed ustrogestan 2x daily and we're seeing him again next week (6 weeks and should hear a hartbeat). I need to know if occasional cramping pains (they come and go and not on the same spot all the times) are normal and if so what is the cause of these cramping pains and will the medication the gynie prescribed prevent a miscarrage from happening again?

The usual sign of a miscarriage is bleeding. Some cramps are normal and are due to stretching of the ligaments of the uterus. The medication is to try to prevent a miscarriage.

2
Posted by: Bobz | 2005/07/11

Hi Cha's

Ur complaint is quite a common one in early pregnancy, which is due to ligaments stretching in preparation for the months ahead.. I wouldnt be too concerned, but to set ur mind at ease, confirm with ur gynae that all is okay.

Best of luck

Reply to Bobz
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/11

Sorry about your miscarriages and congrats on getting pregnant again!

I'd rather contact the gynae with your questions about the cramps - it could be nothing, but then again you don't want to take any chances either!

Good luck - I hope this pregnancy will go smoothly!

:-)

Reply to Tina