Question
Posted by: scared | 2004/01/08

pains and missed period

Dear Doc.
Two weeks ago I took a laxative.Two days later I started bleeding.The bleeding continued for about a week.I didn't feel any pain but I was very worried coz I know this was not supposed to happen.I was relieved when it stopped but then I was supposed to get my period earlier this week which didn't show. I am not sure if this is because I recently stopped taking the pill. I am now experienceing stomach pains as well as towards my kidneys. Please let me know if this is serious or just some changes that I am going through coming off the pill.

Scared, I doubt that it is due to the laxative – it’s probably just to you stopping the pill. The problem is that I can’t guarantee it without first examining you and that’s why the safest would be to see your doctor. Good luck.