Question
Posted by: Clarise | 2004/02/12

Painkillers during pregnancy

Is there anything stronger than Panado that one could take while pregnant? I've been having a terrible back ache for the past 2 weeks (which I don't think is pregnancy related as I am only 16weeks now) and don't think a Panado will help for this.

Paracetemol is the only safe painkiller. Measures like the hot water bottle may help.

2
Posted by: www | 2004/02/13

Paracetamol (like Panado) is safe during pregnancy and they are generally all the same strength, however, some of them seem to have different side-ingredients that have worked better for me. You can use something like "paramed" as well. Check with your doc - he/she will agree.

Reply to www
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/13

No, panado is the only painkiller that you can take.
Try a warm waterbottle and put it behind your back, or the pillow like once that you heat in the microwave.
Carry a small pillow with you to support your back when you sit down.
Yes, it could be pregnancy related, even at 16 weeks.

Good luck!

Reply to Kippie