Question
Posted by: naz | 2004/02/23

painkillers do not help my headaches

I suffer from severe headaches and I am tired of taking painkillers. My headaches are so bad that I can bearely open my eyes, almost as if I become blinded from the pain, my head pounds that I cannot stand the slightest sound and become extremly nauseas. Am I suffering from Migrain and what are the cures or preventative measures that I should take to avoid such headaches from happening all the time?

Expert ImageArchive

One of the biggest problems encountered in chronic headache, is that of Drug Rebound Headache. This occurs after taking too many pain killers. These pain killers eventually start to cause the headaches. One of the first things we do in my clinic is to stop the excessive use of over-the-counter painkillers.