Posted by: Planty | 2008/07/01

Painkiller/anti-inflammatory & Asthma

Hi Cyberdoc

I have plantar fasciatis which flares up now and then (even with the orthotics). The pain can be excruciating and it lasts about 10 days. My back then plays up due to my unbalanced walking.

I find that 2 x Stilpayne (max 4 per day) say every 2nd or 3rd day do the trick if its very bad (and I can rest), but since I am Asthmatic is there anything as good as Stilpayne that I can get over the counter that:
1)Is just a good strong pain-killer with nothing else in it?
2)An anti-inflammatory that an Allergic Asthmatic can take?

I must avoid Caffeineor any stimulants tabs - chemical or natural.

I tried natural things, did not work at all. I do ice my feet and exercise them, but have extremely high arches.

Thanks and regards

Dear Planty
Stilpayne contains codeien and a muscle relaxant.
What you probably rather need is an anti-inflammatory/painkiller combination. I think in your case the safest option would be physiotherapy, local NSAIDS (test a small area on the inside of your elbow first) like Voltaren gel, or Fastum gel, and Panado tablets.