Question
Posted by: Reds | 2003/03/06

painfull / pleasure

Dear GynaeDoc.

I was just wondering what the symptoms of Endometrisis are? Is there symptoms that one can look for.

My partner and I have been together now for almost 5 years, and have always had a healthy sex life. Recently it has been painfull for me afterwards. What I mean with that is I have this incredible burning in my vaginal area after sexual intercourse. It does not happen every time but is very painfull when it does. It goes away but I now fear having sex because of the pain. Should I be conserned about anything or do you think we should just use lubrication?

PLease advise.

The symptoms of endometriosis are abdominal pain, bad period pains, heavy periods and /or infertility.
If the pain you are having is near the outside, i.e. soon after he enters you, a lubricant is a good idea. If it is deep inside, you should have a gynae check to exclude cysts or problems with the uterus.