Question
Posted by: René | 2005/06/10

Painfull gums

Dear Dr.

I have been experiencing very painfull gums for the past 4 months. I had a plate made by a dentist that I have to sleep with. My gums are actually so painfull that I don't want it in my mouth. I am taking a 1/2 Cilift in the morning for depression and had a lot of stress lately. The pain is "something new" to me - I have never experienced so much pain in my life, I have to take pain medication when I feel the pain coming and have to do so every night. What is strange is that the pain is only at night! I have no problems with my teeth otherwise. Hope you can help!

René, it might be that you’re grinding your teeth, sleeping with your mouth open due to a blocked nose or that you have a chronic gum disease. The best would be to see your dentist or doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.