Question
Posted by: HAREM | 2004/01/30

Painfull feet soles

Doc,
I have been having this burning sensation and also pin and needles under neat my feet for the last 20 years. I have been tested for diabetes and also had a neurologist test for damaged nerve endings underneat my feet.The pain is more prevalant during Summer when it is hot but I am always in pain, execept when I sleep.Would you be kind enough to give me your view on what the causes may be? I am 52 years old, I do smoke +/-10 per day, I am about 7kg overweight, I do cycle(Mountain biking) and my Diet is normal as well as my blood pressure.

Harem, the first thing to do is to stop smoking and to increase your vitamin B and C intake. You might suffer from a mild form of Raynaud’s disease and this is made worse by the smoking. If that doesn’t work within a month, the best would be to get a second opinion from a specialist physician. Good luck.