Question
Posted by: fairmile | 2006/10/30

Painfull body

I know this is goiing to sound strange, but i would like to know the following: When i cosume alcohol (Whiskey and Sodawater) the next day my whole body is so sore and i would like to know what the cause is??? My entire body feel brused from my neck to my calves. Please answer??

Dear Fairmile
Alcohol IS actually a poison you know! You may have a rare genetic condition called eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome where the ingestion of alcohol causes an increase in a chemical called 1-Methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro--carboline-3-carboxylic acid (MTCA), causing muscle pain.

1
Posted by: montana | 2006/10/30

I have had a similar response from drinking beer - especially the more 'naturally' brewed ones with lots of yeast. feels like i have been run over by a steam roller. just try and drink lots of water - sometimes drinking Efersol or Citrosoda helps.

Reply to montana