Posted by: Scared | 2007/08/14

Painful urination,

After my period, I felt like there was a slight irritation at the entrance of my vagina. I thought it's just an irritation from sanitory towels or tampons, a week later it became worse. It has now become like an open sore at the opening of my vigina and it burns horribly when I urinate.
I am keeping the area clean and use saline water or Savlon and it helps a bit but I can deal with the pain,
I cannot afford to go to a gynae, is there an over the counter cream I can use to heal the wound. I dont have a boyfriend and haven't had sex in a long time so I am certain it is not an STI. I have had my pap smear in march and all came out clean.

What can I use to lessen the pain when I urinate and what cream can I use to help heal the wound

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You have posted this before and I have answered your question.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.