Question
Posted by: Sebastian | 2007/11/30

Painful skin

Just below my abdomen, I've lately been experiencing an almost-burning sensation on a small patch of skin. The skin shows absolutely no outward signs of being affected by any kind of rash, etc. and is placed directly over a specific muscle - when I use this muscle to sit up, for example, it is painful. I can otherwise push on the muscle freely without experiencing any discomfort. The surface is merely painful when I contract it. Online diagnosis sites aren't very helpful as to what this is; could you please be of some assistance?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

Dear Sebastian

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

There is a possibility that you have pulled a muscle. I suggest that you take Myprodol, two capsules every six hours, for a period of seven days. If this does not eleviate the pain, you should consult your GP for an examination of the affected area.

Kind regards