Posted by: maggie | 2008/01/05

painful sex

i gave birth via elective C section 5 months ago (baby didn't engage and was very big). we resumed sex about 2 months afterwards and its been painful ever since. feels like my hubby's penis is bumping into something. can internal things be shifted during pregnancy / birth?

also, i have PCOS and endometriosis (fell pregnant via ivf which caused internal lesions which needed stiching or padding or something during the birth).

I want to go back on the pill to regulate my periods (I don't have periods regularly due to PCOS and when I do they are extremely painful). Is there a pill that is specifically recommended for women with PCOS (and all the things that go with it - i.e. insulin resistance, excess hair, excess weight etc).


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

The endometriosis could bethe cause of the painful intercourse. I am not sure what stitching was done, but this may also have caused a problem. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist.
Diane 35 is the Pill usually recommended for PCOS.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.