Question
Posted by: maggie | 2008/01/05

painful sex

i gave birth via elective C section 5 months ago (baby didn't engage and was very big). we resumed sex about 2 months afterwards and its been painful ever since. feels like my hubby's penis is bumping into something. can internal things be shifted during pregnancy / birth?

also, i have PCOS and endometriosis (fell pregnant via ivf which caused internal lesions which needed stiching or padding or something during the birth).

I want to go back on the pill to regulate my periods (I don't have periods regularly due to PCOS and when I do they are extremely painful). Is there a pill that is specifically recommended for women with PCOS (and all the things that go with it - i.e. insulin resistance, excess hair, excess weight etc).

The endometriosis could bethe cause of the painful intercourse. I am not sure what stitching was done, but this may also have caused a problem. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist.
Diane 35 is the Pill usually recommended for PCOS.