Question
Posted by: Colleen | 2007/12/19

Painful sex

Hi! I'm a 20 year old female.I have kind of an embarrassing question.I'm a virgin and I have never masturbated before.My boyfriend and I have decided to have sex, but I keep avoiding the actual moment because I'm scared that it's going to hurt or that I might bleed.Is there something I can do to be more relaxed about this.

Dear Colleen
If you are all tensed up about it you may get vaginal spasm which can cause sex to be painful. Having a trusting and stable relationship with an understanding partner which would not expect you to move the world the first time, will be useful!
See http://www.health24.com/Woman/Sexual_health/711-730,22112.asp

2
Posted by: tks | 2007/12/19

Drink plenty wine to relax. The first time is a bit sore but it does pass

Reply to tks
Posted by: Lou | 2007/12/19

You need to relax, dont feel pressurised to hurry it, and just enjoy the moment. it is possible that you may "bleed" a little the first time if your hymen is still intact (some girls break this without knowing during vigorous sports etc). It may also hurt a little as the hymen breaks - it is not an excruciating pain and can be easily tolerated as it doesn't last long.

Reply to Lou