Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2005/01/04

Painful Sex

Hi there,

Please help me. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2003 and since then intercourse has been very painful, in fact it feels like razor blades inside me. We have tried longer foreplay and KY jelly, but this does not help. I even find it difficult inserting tampons.

Could this be all psychological because of the pain I had with the ectopic or is it involuntary muscle spasm?

Thank you.

It sounds like the pain is on the outside, so should not be related to the surgery itself. It may be that you have involuntary muscle spasm, also called vaginismus. You could do an internet search for methods that may help with this.