Question
Posted by: Painful scrotum | 2004/12/01

painful scrotum

What causes extreme pain in the scrotum? It isn't related to sex. It occurs periodically over the last two days? Pain lasts a few minutes.

Inside the scrotum is a muscle that is affected by temperature. When there is warmth, the muscle relaxes and drops, making the scrotum and the testicles hang lower. Cold makes the muscle contract. It is normal for the scrotum to go through these change s, and is not a problem.

You mentioned your scrotum, not your testicles. There is another condition, however, in which one, or both, of the testicles have not descended from the body cavity into the scrotum. See if you can feel your two testicles inside of your scrotum. They may feel like almonds in the shell (hence the nickname, "nuts"). You can also feel for a cord, the vas deferens, which is attached to each of the testicles. If you cannot feel one, or both, of your testicles, or have trouble identifying t hem, Alice suggests that you make an appointment with a urologist. Call your physician for the name of someone reputable to see, or call the nearest teaching hospital to ask for a referral.

4
Posted by: FF | 2004/12/02

Sorry Bro, don't know of any urologists, but I'm sure you can find something on the site.

Good Luck

Reply to FF
Posted by: M | 2004/12/01

yes heard of it...but i never thought of it that way!Any doctors that you recommend i go & see?

Reply to M
Posted by: FF | 2004/12/01

I suggest that the both of you see a doctor, and soon.

Pain in your testicle isn't normal, and it could be nothing too serious, but best not to take any chances. Ever heard of testicular cancer ?

Good Luck

Reply to FF
Posted by: M | 2004/12/01

Hey bro, we have the same problem.I have a pain on the one side of my testicle.The pain comes & goes.It started about a week ago & i don't know whats causing it.

Reply to M