Question
Posted by: dee | 2004/03/01

painful right heel

I am having a terrible pain at my right heel it feels like a burn wound; there is no history of injury at this area.The pain is there always even if at rest.I have tried the voltaren; brufen transact but nothing helps;may I please know what might be the cause and how can I treat it.The pain is at the back of the heel;no pain under or at the sides of the heel.
Thank you.

Dee, it sounds like it might be due to achilles tendonitis, but then one would expect the anti-inflammatories to have some effect. The best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out for you because I can’t be of much help without being able to examine you. Good luck.