Question
Posted by: tammy | 2004/02/06

Painful piles

Hi doc,
I have been to the doctor about haemrrhoids, and he gave me a script for scheriproct supps and ointment. The medication really works, but the minute I stop taking it, the pain returns. My doctor says that they are very small and hardly noticeable but then why such pain?
It there anything else I can do or any ointment / medicine I can take to relieve the pain? How can I get them to go away. I have spent alot of money already going to the doctor and nothing is working permanently.
Thank you.

Tammy, Sheriproct® is as good a product as any of the others, so if it doesn’t work, changing to a different product will probably also not work. It might be that something else like an anal tear is the matter or that most of the piles are internal and that’s why it doesn’t look so bad from the outside. The best would be to see a surgeon and to have him sort it out for you. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Caz | 2004/02/06

Why dont you get anusol sapositories(i think that`s how you spell it)That really works.I had really bad piles after having my baby and i used anusol and within 2-3 days it was gone!!!!
You can get it any chemist!!!

Good Luck

Reply to Caz