Question
Posted by: lynda | 2004/01/31

painful periods

I have 2 kids, am 37years old but still suffer every month from painful periods. The only relief I get is by taking 2 ibuprofen 400mg tablets every 4 hours for the first day. Sometimes 3 at a time. I am worried that this may be causing other damage to my system. Should I continue this form of relief or is there an alternative? Please note I have had ablasion therapy 3 years ago and this has made no difference.

I think that you should continue with the ibuprofen. You are only using it for one day a month so it should not cause any harm.