Question
Posted by: mm | 2004/10/28

painful period pains

I have a problem with my period coz its abnormal sometimes its starts after the cycle of 21days or 28 days but now ive jus started for next month i guess coz my last period was on da 8th of this month and the period pains are killing me, im shaking all da way and these iburofen tablets takes sometime to work , i feel nasuea, the other thing i get to be menstruating for 5 to 7 days.

I want to know if this is ok. coz sometimes it feels strange. isnt this abnormalities gonna affect my bladder and even affecting me in having babies? is it possible to get something that will let go of these period pains permanently. if i bleed more what should i use or is it ok to use the pills dat r given from da phamacy the same pills for contraceptiv pills and morning after pills.?

Thanx

You should see a gynaecologist to check that your uterus and ovaries are okay. Problems with these can cause period pains.

2
Posted by: Golly | 2004/10/29

Gals,
I don't mean to scare you, but very heavy, irregular and painful periods may be a sign of endometrioses. Periods are not supposed to be disabling and keep you from your daily routine!

Visit www dot ivf dot com. Select endometrioses and scroll down to the list of symptomps. If you have any number of these see your gynae and discuss the possibility with him/her. If left untreated it can progress and cause health problems and infertility.

Better determine the cause than try and treat the symptomps every month. Best of luck!

Reply to Golly
Posted by: Lebo | 2004/10/28

I also used to have terrible period pains that no painkiller could help. I was put on a contraceptive pill and that helped a lot. Also, with contraceptive pills, your period will be regular and the flow will also be bearable and not so long.
I'm off the pill for now me and hubby are ready to try for a baby. Now my period pains are back but fortunately painkillers do help me..

Reply to Lebo