Question
Posted by: Tinx | 2007/08/21

Painful Mouth Ulcer

Morning Doc
I wonder if you can help me.
I just recently had a bout of bronchitis, I was on a nebuliser and a whole lot of meds. I got a couple mouth ulcers (Ive also recently broke off my 4 year relationship so Im a bit run down).

One particular ulcer is under my tongue, by the little saliva gland and the pain radiates down my tongue like a hot needle and my glad was HUGE because of it. In conjunction with my meds I started taking a multi vitamin. Im not sure what it is but although my ulcer under my tongue started healing it keeps swelling up causing so much pain. Just when I thought it was getting better it swells up again. Do you think the multivitamin could be too acidic, what can I do to stop this?? Even though the swelling went down it's'still sore to swallow and I still feel pain.

Kind regards and thanks

HI Tinx
Try putting Kenalog in orobase on the ulcer - thick - it is raw so there is no protection against germs getting in there causing inflammation and irritation of the gland. The kenalog is very sticky and works as a waterproof "plaster" over it. You can put on 2-3 times during the day.