Posted by: Charey | 2008/10/02

Painful marks on legs

I have noticed painful marks on the inside of my thighs. They run only on the inside. They look like stretchmarks (as I have a few around my waist), but are darker in colour and blue/purple. I do not have these anywhere else on my body. I noticed these have appeared rather suddenly after wearing a certain pair of pants in the past recent months. I have had this now for 4 months, no more have developed and they' re not going away. I thought they would, perhaps I' d hurt my legs by rubbing against each other, but it' s extremely unsitely and very tender to the touch. When I' m in the shower, the marks almost go away in colour. Is there anything I can do to get rid of these marks, or perhaps relieve the pain? I have not been to a doctor and this is the first query I am making. I am only 26 years old, and do not want to live with this, as it runs to total length of the inside of both my thighs!

Dear Charey
Won't you please let your doctor have a look - it is too difficult for me to guess what this could be without seeing it. My guess is that it may be inflamed veins. You may need prescription medication for this