Posted by: Linda | 2009/08/09

Painful knee

My left knee has become slightly puffy, and very painful, especially behind the knee and on the inner side. I' ve been exercising hard for the past 2 months (weighted lunges and lots of walking, which I' ve had to stop now) Could this have caused the pain, or could it be osteoporosis? I' m 56. Is there anything I can take or apply to stop the pain? If I need to see a doctor, should it be an orthopaedic Dr? Hope you can advise.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I do suggest that you consult a orthopaedic surgeon, as it is possible that you have injured your knee whilst exercising. You will need x-rays and a possible arthroscopy of the knee to evaluate the cause for the pain and swelling (efusion of fluid in the knee).

You can use Myprodul capsules for the pain.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.