Question
Posted by: me | 2008/01/23

painful heel

For the past month I have been having pain in my right heel. I feel it especially when I walk and when I try to stand on my feet first thing in the morning. Prior to the first pain I felt, I was out walking about in malls, etc. on and off for two weeks every day. Could this be the reason for the sore heel? But how come after a month it is still painful? Do I need to see a doctor or is there an easy remedy? I cannot stay off my feet for long because I have a two and a half year old I need to take care of. Thank you.

Dear Me
This is probably caused by plantar fasciitis – inflammation of the ligaments under the foot that implant on the heel. Due to overexertion the fibers tear and causes inflammation. See www.mayoclinic.com/health/plantar-fasciitis/DS00508
It may help to get a special insole to wear from a podiatrist or a biokineticist, and to wear a shoe with a slight heel.

1
Posted by: omar | 2008/05/17

I have apain in my right heel an am unable to put my right foot down

Reply to omar