Question
Posted by: Gogga | 2006/04/07

Painful & heavy periods after miscarriage

My gynae said that I would have heavy & painful periods after my miscarraige in Nov '05 for approx 2 months, max 3, but it is the 5th time that I menstruated & it is still just as painful & the bleeding is very heavy. It sometimes feels like a tap being opened & then I have to run for the toilet. There is also alot more clotting in the period blood than ever. Is it normal to still experience so much pain?

I don't think that the cyst caused a miscarriage or heavy periods. However, it is probably a good idea to see your doctor again.

1
Posted by: Gogga | 2006/04/07

Gynae, I forgot to mention that during my pregnancy I had constant pain in my right ovary which did not disappear after my miscarriage. A scan showed a cyst of approx 5cm, which the doctor treated with medication. The cyst did shrink, I don't have the constant pain anymore, but I still experience pain during my periods on my right ovary. My question, could this cyst have caused the miscarriage & is this the cause for the heavy periods?

Reply to Gogga