Question
Posted by: G | 2004/11/15

Painful & Heavy Period

My period seems to be irratic this month. I started spotting twee weeks ago and last Sunday it was threatening to flow and I desperately needed it to be delayed so I drank Nordettes to stop it. For the whole of last week, I spotted on and off and started flowing on Friday night. I have had extreme period pain the whole weekend and till this morning it refuses to subside no matter how much pain killers I drink or have a hot bath. This morning I am bleeding a lot and the cramping persists. My period is heavy, clotty & dark this morning and I can bearly walk with the pain. Please tell me what to do. I do not want to go to the doctor and it will probably all be over tomorrow and that it's all because I drank the nordettes but I also am getting scared and the pain is really unbearable at this point.

I have PCOS and this is my third period without medication. I used to go for months without having a period and so I'm still learning to understand my body

The irregular period is probably due to the Nordette. The best thing to do isto wait for your cycle to cprrect itself. Taking anything else now will only upset things further. Try Ponstan for the pain.