Question
Posted by: Fransi | 2004/02/27

Painful foot

I went for a scan on my foot last week and the Radiologists report says "some subcutaneous oedema with a small organised haeatoma along the dorsum of the foot overlying the second metrtatsal area." What is the treatment for this type of injury, I have to go back to my doctor with the results but am scared that they will have to operate. It is now 7 wks since the accident happened.

Fransi, it sounds like there was a fracture, but it should have healed by now. It it hasn’t, you might have to wear a cast for 3-6 weeks. I doubt that they will have to operate though. Good luck.