Question
Posted by: Dipolelo | 2004/11/03

Painful Calf

I went to the gym about a week ago and did some exercise on my calves. The following day I struggled to walk the whole day. It seemed like the pain got worse after resting the calves for too long. Waking up to go to the loo at night was the most dreaded as the pain is more severe. I then went back to the gym again to work on them, however the one leg is okay and other seem to just be getting worse. It actually feels swollen and tight like something is going snap any moment. What could be the problem? Please advise.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Dipolelo

If you have not done much with your calves then suddenly work them hard they are likely to resist and give you the pain you are feeling. You will need to stretch them - with your knee straight and bent, and get some nice person to rub them down for you.

Douglas