Question
Posted by: FAITH | 2004/10/30

PAINFUL BONES

I AM 34YRS OLD FEMALE AND HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM PAINFUL BONES / MUSCLES SINCE 1988. I HAVE NO CHILDREN AND HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR THE PAST 7 YRS.

THE PAINS STARTED WITH MY FEED BUT COULD ONLY BE FELT AFTER A LONG DISTANCE WALK. AFTER ABOUT 3 YRS THE IT WENT TO MY ARMS AS WELL AS THE BACK.

I HAVE SEEN DIFFERENT DOCTORS AND EVEN SPECIALIST WHO COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING. THE PAIN BECAME PART OF MY EVERYDAY LIFE AND COULD ONLY BE CONTROLLED BY LESS WORK OR WALK. AT TIMES I HAVE A BURNING SENSATION ON HTE PALMS OF MY HANDS AND UNDER MY FEET. I ALSO FEEL AS IF THERE IS SOME SORT OF A SPRING JUMPING IN MY LEGS.

NOW LATELY THE PAIN HAS BECOME UNBEARABLE AND I AM AFRAID I MIGHT BE FORCED TO QUIT MY JOB. I ALSO WONDER IF THIS COULD BE THE CAUSE OF ME NOT FALLING PREGNANT.

PLEASE HELP

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Faith
Unfortunately I cannot add anything and suggest you either see another doctor or a gynaecologist regarding the pregnancy. I think someone really needs to investigate you thoroughly.

1
Posted by: sharon | 2004/11/21

Hi Faith,

Get your dr to check for primary or secondary HYPERPARATHYROIDISM .You should have a blood test for PTH (parathyroid hormone), ionisedCa++(calcium), Phosphate level, Vit D levels ( both 25,OH Vit D and 1,25-OH Vit D levels).Remember the blood tube must be wrapped in aluminium foil immediately once its taken.Better still go to the lab to have the blood taken. Im not sure if this is the cause of your infertility.Have you seen an endocrinologist?

Reply to sharon