Question
Posted by: mom | 2007/05/23

painful and discoloured vains on hands

My 18 year old daughter woke up this morning with discoloured vains on the back of her hands. The vains are brownish in color for about 3cm and some of the bruising appears to be spreading towards the wrist. It is painful to touch and one of the vains appear lumply.She played hockey yesterday in bitterly cold weather, but did not sustain any injuries. I have left messages for my GP, but he is not responding. Does she need medical attention?

Dear Mom
It sounds like she maybe has a clot in the vein - rather let your GP have a look - you can put something like Voltaren on it for the time being.