Posted by: Kirsty | 2008/07/11

Pain when going off the pill

I stopped taking the pill at the beginning of July after being on it for 9 years and for the past 6 days I have been experiencing pain near my uterus (the same pain as when I'm ovulating). The pain has never lasted this long or been this consistent (it's usually sporadic). Is this my body adjusting to going off the pill or should I go to my gynae?

It may well be your body adjusting. Give it some time.

Posted by: Madam | 2008/07/11

Please see your gynae immediately.
I experienced such pains 3 months after I left the pill in Nov 2006 and have been having them ever since. Even having a laparoscopy didn't help, as no endometriosis was found and Drs still don't know what's wrong. The only relief I got was last month when my GP put me on antibiotics for a urinary tract infection I had that he suspected had not cleared. The pains are now less severe, but still there. I was on Triphasil for 10 yrs.

Reply to Madam