Question
Posted by: JEANNE | 2007/07/19

PAIN UNDER FOOT

I am a 58yr old female very active and very healthy. I attend callenetics twice a week. I am experiencing quite sharp pain under my right foot in the centre just below the toes. It is not there all the time but on occasion when I stand up from sitting (barefoot) I feel as if there is a huge round ball that I am tramping on - and this is painful. Yet when I reach down to massage there is no lump - just pain.
I also suffer from extreme cramps in my toes and feet stretching right thru to the calf muscles. This happens any time of day or night - even during callanetics. No matter how I try to flex my feet and toes and stretch the leg I have extreme difficulty in coming out of it.
I sincerely hope that you have answers for me and advice other than taking calcium,magnesium, potassium and salt which by the way I do on a daily basis.
Thanks so much

Expert ImageArchive

Jeanne there are many possibles here and unfortunately there may be a couple of issues and this isnt one thing causing all this pain.

You need to see one of the following either a podiatrist (0861 100 249 or podiatrist.co.za to get a referral) or a foot and ankle surgeon or a physiotherapist or sports physician