Question
Posted by: Bob | 2004/01/07

Pain under chin

Hi Doc,

I have a dull ache in the soft tissure under my chin, but only just past the end of the chin, not on my neck, its like the underside of my jaw. When I push on it, it is painfull, and feels hard and lumpy, when I yawn or open my mouth wide, it feels very tight and painfull, I also think I have a bit of a feaver, any idea what the problem can be??? Thanks for all your help!!!

Bob, it sounds like an infection of a salivary gland to me. If it hasn’t cleared up b the time you get this reply, the best would be to see your doctor for some antibiotics. Good luck.