Question
Posted by: Avery | 2005/12/13

Pain Under Armpit

I wonder if you can give me some advice please.
I have had this pain under both my armpits, not directly under the armpit, but just below. It has been there for a couple of months now.
I have felt around and there are no lumps or anything, but if I press hard, then it's quite sore.
Over the last few weeks, it is starting to get even more sore and now and then throbs with pain. Does this sound quite serious and should I get it checked out?
I regularly do a breast examine and there doesn't seem to be anything lumps or bumps there, just the pain under my armpits.
I am quite healthy otherwise and there are no other symptons to mention.
Thank You.

Dear Avery,
If it is on both sides, it could maybe be a nerve in the neck that gives you referred pain to the armpits - I think you should get it checked out. You'll need x/rays of your neck and maybe your chest?