Question
Posted by: Anne | 2004/11/25

Pain - should I worry?

I don't mean to be a worry wort, but I am nearly 6 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and last night and today I have a bit of pain. Last night it felt like period pains, but actually woke me up, so they weren't mild. Today, I have a cramp in my right side, sort of between my ribs and my hip. I remember having period-like pains with my first pregnancy, but I don't know if they were like this. Also, I have no bleeding. Should I be worried or is it normal?
Thanks so much

It is most likely due to stretching of the uterine ligaments. If you have not had a scan to exclude an ectopic pregnancy, you should do so.