Question
Posted by: Dewald | 2007/05/08

pain & red blister on feet

I've got a pain (feels like a pulled muscle) on the bottom of my feet just before my heel.Since I got that pain I've been getting red blister thingies on my feet.The pain started when I started Gym. The red sores come and go.Sometimes big and sometimes small.Mostly it comes out on the side and bottom of my feet. Do you know what is it?What can I buy to treat it. I'm a very sporty person.Playing sport everyday of my life.I'm 25

Expert ImageArchive

It sounds as if there are 2 different problems
The pulled muscle sounds ominously like a plantar fasciitis where the muscle in the sole of the foot from the heel to the toes is inflamed and the treatment for this is to correct the biomechanics of the foot with orthotics as well as to see a physio for treatment to get rid of the inflamation.
The blisters may well be a fungal infection and this is also easily treated
Please call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249 rof a referral